Resource Center Services
We offer thousands of books, videos, DVD's,
die cuts, laminating machines, binding machines,
children's activities, resources, and more.
Stockton Resource Center
Located in Suite 104 on the first floor of the agency’s downtown Stockton office at 509 W. Weber Ave.
Our hours are:
Monday through Friday ~ 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
(unless otherwise posted)
Our services are FREE to residents of San Joaquin County.
The Resource Center offers assistance by friendly, knowledgeable staff, along with a wide variety of handouts, brochures, and literature on many child care and child development topics, such as:
- children’s behavior
- early literacy
- family change
- growth and development
- working parents
- family communications
- and more!
The Resource Center also has a comprehensive resource library in which books, videos, and literacy activity totes are available to check out, along with a die cut area and laminator for small projects.
Click here to see pictures.
The Resource Library has:
- Two-week loan on a large selection of quality children’s story books, toy activity kits, and videos (Some books are available in Spanish, Lao, Hmong, and Vietnamese)
- Free handouts of seasonal ideas, recipes, and activities for children, parenting information, etc.
- Over 1,200 books on child development, special needs, child care, music, arts, activities, curriculum, etc.
- Over 350 videos on parenting, child development, curriculum, etc. (Some available in Spanish)
- Magazines for Teachers, Child Care Providers, and Parents
- Parenting binders of articles on numerous parenting issues, from Abuse to Working Parents, and everything in between. (Some available in Spanish)
- Curriculum resources for child care professionals, such as videos and supply catalogs, State and National legislation, and reports on child care, children, and family issues
Other Services offered:
- Laminating done for a small fee
- Die Cut Machines to cut letters, numbers, and shapes at no cost (You must supply your own paper or other materials)
- Book Binding to bind children’s art work, journals, coupon books, etc. with our comb binding machine for a small fee
- Photo Copies – up to six free copies of resource center materials (Additional copies for a fee of 10¢ per copy)
Library Loan Policies
To check out materials, you must first:
- Fill out an application form (1st time only)
- Fill out a library checkout card
- Show valid ID with current address.
You must check with a staff member before checking out or returning any materials.
Loan Period & Limitations:
- No more than 2 videos and/or 4 books may be check out at any time.
- Loan period is a maximum of 2 weeks for both books and videos. If you do not call in for an extension of time and items are not returned, you will be subject to fees and could lose your borrowing privileges.
There are fees for overdue books and videos.
- 1 week late – late fees begin
- 1 month late – reminder letter will be sent listing late charges and requesting return of materials.
We simply ask for everyone’s assistance in keeping the library accessible to all by being considerate of the rules and respecting the rights of others to use the materials.
<Back to Top>